You found my old blog. Thanks for visiting! For my new writing, visit mikesententia.com.
In this post:
- The 3 steps to prepare to do consciousness integration
Note: This is for the practitioner doing consciousness integration, not the person being integrated. It’s advanced magick. If you’re new to magick, take this as an example of something you can do in 1-3 years, and don’t worry about the details.
This series is about connecting your conscious and unconscious minds to update thought patterns that formed as a child but are unhealthy for your current, adult world.
Start at the beginning of the series. This post won’t make sense without that context.
This post is about the steps to prepare yourself for learning consciousness integration:
- Learn step-by-step visualization, sensory connections and mental activation
- Activate the mental areas for working with your brain and thoughts
- Learn to recognize thought areas
Learn Step-By-Step Visualization, Sensory Connections & Mental Activation
Learn The 3 Steps to Controlling Magick Consciously. Here’s a quick summary of each:
Step-by-step visualization is when you visualize each step in the process of your magick. It lets you control each step as you do magick, instead of giving a general instruction and letting your unconscious work out the details.
Visualizations are your best guess at what will happen. Sensory connections let you see what actually happens. The basic version is covered here. You’ll probably want the advanced version, which is coming soon.
Mental activation lets you activate the parts of your mind that drive a particular magick skill. You only need the basic “focused practice” version, covered here. If you know the more advanced version, feel free to use it.
Activate the Right Parts of Your Mind to Drive This Magick
You need to activate the parts of your mind that drive magick (the mental areas) for working with nerves and thoughts. Each mental area does one task, so even if you’re good at other types of magick, you still need this step.
First, read the post on mental activation. Summary if you didn’t click: Practice looking around to strengthen the mental areas before you try to alter anything.
For consciousness integration, you’ll work with nerves and thoughts. Each is a different energy layer in your brain.
Connect to the energy layer in your head as though you’re doing energy healing on yourself. If you normally channel energy for energy healing, DON’T do that to your brain, or you will get a massive headache. Just look around with non-energized sensory connections.
At first, just find the 2 energy layers. Don’t worry about which is which. Whichever one you find first, get comfortable looking at it, then ignore it and look for other energy signatures. You’ll find the second layer.
For anyone advanced in physical effects: Both nerves and thoughts have the same state layer (the layer closer to actual physical cells). If you go from nerve energy layer to the state layer, it’s easy to find the thought energy layer.
Here’s how to tell which is which:
Nerves are the physical cells. The nerve energy signature corresponds to the overall brain state: tired, alert, etc. It’s stable from minute to minute, and more obvious than the thought signature.
The thought signature corresponds to thoughts and emotions. It’s more subtle than the nerve signature, and it changes as you think and feel different things.
Once you’ve found the 2 signatures, watch each as you recall memories that change your emotions. The thought signature is the one that will change. To activate the mental areas you need, practice looking around both nerve and thought energy layers until it becomes easy.
Learn To Recognize Thought Areas
Before you can find the particular thought area you want to integrate, you’ll need to be able to recognize thought areas in general. Here’s how:
- Connect to your thought layer. Look around it and find where the signature changes suddenly. These sudden signature changes are the boundaries between thought areas, which are the units we work on for consciousness integration.
- Pick a single thought area. Make many small connections to cover the entire area, all the way to the boundary. Practice this until it’s easy.
- Connect to a thought area as in step 2. Relax yourself, and note the signature. Take on different emotions (recalling emotionally charged memories works well), and note how the signature changes. Try this with several thought areas. Most thought areas only respond to a few emotions, so don’t worry if you don’t always see a change.
- Connect to many thought areas. Repeat step 3, noticing which thought areas respond to which emotions.
#4 is the first step of consciousness integration. Once you can do it comfortably, you’re ready to move on.Other posts in this series:
- The Technology of Enlightenment: Consciousness Integration (August 16, 2010)
- How Consciousness Integration Works (August 16, 2010)
- How To Prepare For Consciousness Integration (August 19, 2010)
- Consciousness Integration Part 1: Mapping The Mind (August 26, 2010)
- Consciousness Integration Part 2: Activating Thought Paths (September 6, 2010)