You found my old blog. Thanks for visiting! For my new writing, visit mikesententia.com.
This series is about seeing magick accurately, so you can see how it works, improve your skills, and learn new techniques quickly.
Today: How to see small connections that you normally miss so you can understand intricate magickal mechanisms.
If you haven’t read the rest of the series, start with the first post.
Why See Small Connections
Think of connections like paint brushes. Finer brushes give better detail. Anything that handles detailed information needs small connections. To understand one of those mechanisms, you need to see its small connections.
Here are some examples:
- Your mental muscles talk to your mind through small connections.
- When energy healing affects physical cells, it goes through many layers of structures and small connections.
- Systems (for psychic intuition, energy healing, etc) connect to your brain with small connections.
Smaller Connections are Essential to Shielding
To use the atom metaphor from earlier, if I use molecule-scale connections to establish my shielding, there will be atom-scale holes that I never see. If you use atom or smaller scale connections, you can go through those holes, making my shield worthless.
For more, see Bypassing Magickal Shields.
How To See Small Connections
You see small connections by seeing their small signatures.
To use the atom metaphor again: Molecule-scale connections have molecule-scale signature. The atom-scale connections that make them up have atom-scale signatures. Once you can see the atom-scale signatures, you can see the atom-scale connections.
For more on scales of connection and signature, see here and here.
How To See Small Signatures
Look at a signature you know well, like the energy in your head or body. Quiet your other thoughts and focus on seeing it (or feeling, hearing, etc). Get comfortable in that mental posture. Then ask “What are the building blocks?” You should see the signature split* into its building blocks.
You’re not actually splitting the signature apart. You’re just seeing the building blocks as separate items. The signature itself is unchanged.
If that don’t work, ask in a way that resonates with you. You can visualize the signature splitting apart, then relax to let your mind show you the building blocks. A friend asked “How does the signature split so it can align with someone else’s signature?” and said the building blocks looked like “an impressionistic watercolor.”
Once you can split the signatures, practice with your signatures until it becomes easy. Then practice with signatures you don’t know as well: A system you use, a friend’s energy, spirits you work with, etc. When that becomes easy, you’re ready to use smaller-scale connections, and you’re ready for the exercises in the next post. If you practice for 5-10 minutes a day, this should take 1-2 weeks.
Using Smaller Connections
Smaller connections take more effort, but give you a clearer picture. There are 2 main ways to use them:
- Look around at the scale you used before. When you find something interesting, think about the signature building blocks to get a clear view at that smaller scale. You can do this after completing the exercises in this post.
- Use the smaller-scale connections all the time. This lets you see small connections and structures you didn’t know were there and weren’t looking for. It’s more useful, but requires additional techniques to learn. We’ll cover those in the rest of this series.
Seeing smaller scale signatures isn’t something you do just once. You’ll do it many times, each time seeing more structures more accurately. Every few months, repeat this exercise, starting with the smallest scale you use, and going one scale smaller. It’s also great for finding clues when you’re stuck.
How to see structures you aren’t looking for by broadening your connection’s signature.Other posts in this series:
- How To See Magick Clearly (February 10, 2011)
- Sensory Connections - Step 1: Quiet Connections (February 24, 2011)
- Sensory Connections - Step 2: Seeing Smaller Connections (March 10, 2011)
- Sensory Connections - Step 3: Seeing New Signatures (March 16, 2011)
- Sensory Connections - Step 4: Seeing Areas (March 24, 2011)
- Finding Where Mind Meets Body (March 30, 2011)
Tags: Connections, Signatures