You found my old blog. Thanks for visiting! For my new writing, visit mikesententia.com.
Don Lee asks:
Here’s a “dumb” question: Why can’t I use magick to win the lottery? After all, it’s a part of the natural world, so to speak. Should one be able to achieve that goal by numerous methods? And yet you rarely hear about wealthy occultists…
I’ll give each question its own section.
Why Don’t Mages Win the Lottery?
A few years ago, I would have found this question off-putting, even threatening. Now, it’s fun to think about. I see a few possibilities:
1. Magick may simply not work that way. For example, manifesting may be unable to influence chaotic events. (I’m thinking about the lottery balls that are being blown around, where a tiny change to the starting conditions can influence the outcome in unpredictable ways.) In my experience, manifesting works primarily by affecting peoples’ decisions, so I can see how predicting the lottery winner would be hard.
2. It may be a communication problem. Maybe the ethereal software handling the manifesting knows the winning number, but can’t guide you to pick it.
3. Maybe all the mages who are that good with manifesting decided to go with something less attention-getting, like winning on sports betting. (Which I think would be easier than winning the lottery, too, because it’s less chaotic, though that’s pure speculation.)
4. Some people say that magick makes the probability bigger, but only by so much. So, if you had a 1 in a billion chance, and you do great magick that makes it 100x as likely, you’re still at 1 in 10 million. This isn’t my model, but I’m not sure enough in my model to call that idea wrong.
Why Don’t You Hear About Wealthy Occultists?
Again, a few answers.
1. When we’re talking about wealth, we’re not talking about becoming a little lucky (like being successful in an apartment hunt.) We’re talking about dramatic, advanced magick. So realize that, of all the occultists out there, only a small fraction have the technical skill to get those kind of results.
2. The best way to become wealthy as an occultist is probably to use manifesting for business success, and then not tell anyone about it. In other words, there probably are a lot of wealthy occultists out there, you just don’t know they’re occultists. Realize, also, that doing this still requires a passion for business, and a lot of time and effort invested in the non-magickal side of it.
3. That leaves the occultists who have chosen to let you know we’re occultists. And frankly, since that move is at odds with gathering wealth, most of these folks probably aren’t wealth-driven. For me personally, I want to have enough money to live comfortably (which I have), then I want time to study and teach magick, plus other fun things. Which is basically where my life is at right now. And so, I focus on the magick that interests me — energy healing, consciousness integration, and some other things — even though that’s the longer path to financial wealth than learning manifesting and applying it to business.
Do you see other possibilities? Leave a comment.If you liked this post, consider visiting my current blog at mikesententia.com.