You found my old blog. Thanks for visiting! For my new writing, visit mikesententia.com.
You know the comments roundups, where I let my commenters do my work for me? I’m going to expand on that, and let other bloggers do my work for me, too.
Ananael slams that silly movie, “What the Bleep Do We Know?” I hated it too, and really enjoyed seeing him take it apart.
Rune Soup has a great post on how to maximize memory. To me, this is a straight science post, not particularly magick-related, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Mr. Black wondered how much we should help beginners. Should we activate their mental muscles (to use my terms), or let them explore on their own? With the work I’m doing for my book, this is very much on my mind.
Inominandum points out that spirits often don’t understand money, and may give bad advice where human matters are concerned. This has been my experience as well, and I realized that I’ve never really talked about it, and I haven’t seen it discussed in other blogs, either.
And Taylor suggests that if we treat spirits with respect, even normally-dangerous ones like the Goetia may become helpful and pleasant.
Note: I scheduled this post to go up automatically today. I may still be incommunicado on my way to Australia.Other posts in this series:
- My Favorite Posts from Other Blogs (August 21) (August 20, 2012)
- Merry Christmas (December 24, 2012)
- Blog Post Round-Up (July 18) (July 19, 2012)
- Ananael's Science Smackdown (September 16, 2012)
- Other Bloggers on Teaching (September 17, 2012)
- Mr. Black: There are No Shortcuts (September 18, 2012)
- Ethical Love Magick (The Razor's Edge) (September 19, 2012)
- Pro-Mages and the Goetia (Strategic Sorcery) (September 20, 2012)
- Games, Tarot and Research (September 21, 2012)
Tags: Blog Round-Up