You found my old blog. Thanks for visiting! For my new writing, visit mikesententia.com.
Yesterday, I compared unintuitive magick to walking on your hands. Which conveys the feel of learning unintuitive magick well, I think. But it also suggests that unintuitive magick is a carnival trick, rather than the key to many useful techniques. That’s what I want to talk about today.
Here’s why unintuitive magick matters: Every modern technology comes from unintuitive uses of physical objects. From airplane wings, to generating electricity by moving magnets over wires, to ancient technologies like making metal flexible by heating it, at one point or another, everything we now rely on was unintuitive.
If you want to develop the magick equivalent of airplanes, electricity or even metalworking, you need to think through the underlying mechanics of magick, figure out a new sequence of substeps or sub-substeps or sub-sub-sub…steps, and then guide your mental muscles through that process you just dreamed up. That is the essence of why I study magick the way I do, and the essence of why I don’t use visualization to control my magick.
So, what are some things you can do with unintuitive magick? Well, it’s hard to say, since they’re unintuitive. But here’s a list of unintuitive techniques I developed substep by substep:
- Communicating accurately, in real time, with ethereal software
- Awakening mental muscles
- All my healing techniques (beyond the default energy intended to numb and accelerate growth)
- Shielding, and bypassing shielding
- Consciousness integration
Basically every technique I use these days. It all had to be built from substeps; none of it came naturally with visualizations and focused intent. That’s why I’m so passionate about this: I know you can develop amazing results once you get into the inner-workings of magick.
Now, all I have to do is figure out how to get you doing unintuitive magick, too. That’s what I’ll explore in the second and third books, which will hopefully be next year.Other posts in this series:
- What I Do Instead of Visualization (September 5, 2012)
- The 3 Ways I Direct My Mental Muscles (September 8, 2012)
- How I Develop New Techniques (September 12, 2012)
- Visualizations Direct (But Don't See) Magick (September 3, 2012)
- Directing vs Perceiving Magick (September 2, 2012)
- The Many Substeps of Magick (August 25, 2012)
- Some Magick Won't Come Naturally (August 28, 2012)
- Why We Need Unintuitive Magick (August 29, 2012)
- Visualization is Overrated (August 25, 2012)